Sunday 27 January 2008

Bondage Banned from Second Life?

Hi out there.
I just got a notice from Lorelei Mission:
Group Notice From: Lorelei Mission

SL new Classifieds are now blocking the word BONDAGE -- because sL's ad system thinks it's the word AGEPLAY!
If anyone knows a Linden personally, please get the word to someone in charge asap! Because if I have to file a jira to fix this, it'll take forever!
I tried to run a new classified tonight and 8 times the system blocked it, claiming I was trying to use the word AGEPLAY... then when I spelled BONDAGE as BOND@GE, sL approved the ad. WTF!

That makes me a bit of concerned, and I just wrote a mail to Linden Lab asking, if they really going to ban Bondage:

Greetings.

I just bought a quater sim and am thinking about buying a whole one or even more.

Now I notice, that you block classifieds, using the word 'bondage'.

I fashion clothes and wearables that are very appreciated by people interested in bondage.

Before I plan further expansion of my business, I would like to know if you are going to ban bondage and BDSM at all. (And I wonder if you know, what that means - both, the topic, and baning it)

I am not planing to become age verified and I really appreciate to stay anonnymous in SL.


So, please tell me your further plans about regulating and controlling the people of second life, especially concerning BDSM.

With kind regards,

Mo Noel

No comments: